Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What was that sound?

That sound you heard was every Mac fanboy exhaling a collective WTF?

That's is the ultimate example of what really matters more to Apple, form or function. This is the worst design idea I have ever seen on a laptop. I mean it may make sense to the people that live close to an Apple store so they can take their new Air Mac to the Genius Bar for a battery swap. But that's not a lot of people.

I've supported laptop users for 10 years now and while batteries have improved they still fail with frightening regularity. I'd say that after 1 year of use your average laptop battery is down to 85-90% of its capacity. After 2 years then you should really be thinking about replacing it. And I've seen a handful of batteries that have lasted less than a month.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin