Friday, January 18, 2008

Pathetic

I think it's funny when people get all defensive about their children and their choices as parents. I always hear the same thing, "You don't understand because you don't have kids". Oh nice comeback, just because I don't have some little genetic milkshake chasing me around means I have no concept of love or how to care about something. I've had pets, I get it.

So when I see a story like this, I feel compelled to comment. Keep sheltering your little darlings because everybody knows that not exposing children to the dangers of the world will keep them safe. The funniest thing is the whole "wear a helmet when doing anything" mentality. All you're doing is lulling them into a false sense of protection, you should let them fall down and hurt themselves if you want to teach them something. We used to do some insane shit when I was a kid and all without a helmet. I learned several things that I would not have learned had I been wearing a helmet.

  1. When you cut your head it bleeds a lot! But it looks kind of cool like you were in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
  2. Baseballs and baseball bats are hard and will hurt if you get beaned by one. You should duck.
  3. Skateboards + ramps = concussions and should be avoided.
  4. Being pulled by a car while on a snow sled is really fun BUT mailboxes are very hard.
  5. You will not see little birds circling your head despite what Bugs Bunny says.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin