Sunday, January 13, 2008

This sucks!

Read this story.

Now that sucks! Golden Eye is a game that is totally burned into my psyche. It was one of the first multiplayer CONSOLE games that was actually worth playing. I held onto my Nintendo 64 for a long time for just two reasons; Golden Eye and Mario Kart. I vividly remember bringing home the presentation projector from work to play Golden eye 4-way multiplayer on a 100inch screen. We would play for hour upon hour. Sadly, my N64 finally packed it in a couple of years ago and since then I've played Golden Eye a few times via a PC emulator. But, while emulators are great it's not really a good solution for multiplayer.

So why ya hating Nintendo? If you can't come to an agreement with M$ then just publish it for the Wii Virtual Console. Or is the Wii not capable of running a N64 game....oh, that burns. No the real reason is that the Xbox 360 has the only truly functional online play of the "Next Generation" game systems.

Now, there's a PlayStation3 fanboy somewhere that just had an aneurysm. I now have all three consoles; the Wii, the 360 and the PS3. So I feel qualified to comment and I have to say that while I think the PS3 is elegant and powerful, the PlayStation Network pales in comparison to Xbox Live. Yes, I know that PSN is free and it has to be because no one would pay for that service in its current state. And to be fair Xbox owners get the Silver level of Live for free which is still a way more polished package than PSN.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin