Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sweet Jesus!

So guess what's trying to make a comeback? The Ghettoblaster (or boombox for the PC crowd) is trying to claw its way back from the grave made for it in the 80's. If you're under 30 and don't know what the hell I'm talking about then educate yourself.

Of course this comeback will be heavily laced with modern technology. Look at this thing, that's just cool. The old school Lasonics were the best boomboxes out there, I used to go to flea markets and beg my Mom to get me one. She ended up buying me some Magnavox at Sears, weak.

I for one hope that we get back to the days of kids carrying these things on their shoulders and blasting music at insane volume. It's hard to be a public nuisance with earbud headphones and being a public nuisance is part of growing up. I'd rather see kids laying cardboard down on the sidewalk and breakdancing than these fucking emo kids sitting on park benches trying to look like their so suicidal.

I'm going to go home and watch Crush Groove or maybe Breakin'.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin