Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh dear.

Some how I think BMW has lost its way. Wait, don't start shouting. They still make fantastic cars with great performance but their styling has gotten far to soft and generic. The only cars they currently make that have any real presence or style are the Z4 and the polarizing X6. The current 7 series is probably the worst of the range with it's tubby ass and goofy headlights. You pay $70,000+ for a car you expect it to be perfect, or at least "pretty" in some way.

Press shots of the upcoming "new" 7 series have just hit the web and oh my......are they interesting. Thanks BMW, I've always wondered what progeny would result from the marriage of a Mercedes S-class and a Toyota Avalon. They've jumped the shark with this one. I'd rather be bored to death by the blandness of the Audi A8 than suffer having to look at this ghastly shape.

Compare that to the supposed replacement for the Jaguar XJ (Jag's 7 series competitor) and ask yourself....which looks better? I'm not saying the Jag will be a better car, I'm not insane, but why can't BMW do something bold like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude you hit the nail on the head with this one. It is boring looking. The jag looks pretty sweet. And the A8 isnt that bland.

Hank Scoprio said...

What...Zzzzzzzz. Sorry, I fell asleep looking at pictures of the A8. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin