Friday, February 8, 2008

Too bad

I was really looking forward to Mitt Romney getting the Republican party's nomination. Oh I never would have voted him, I was just looking forward to see him answer questions about the Mormon faith in the middle of a debate. Maybe he could have brought a hat to read his answers from.

Also, I like John McCain and I don't want to watch him go down in flames against Obama or Billary.

Reading about John McCain and the Hanoi Hilton led me to James Stockdale. He was also a prisoner of war along with McCain and later server as Perot's running mate in his failed 1992 Presidential bid. That reminded me of one of Dennis Miller's greatest statements.

"Now I know (Stockdale's name has) become a buzzword in this culture for doddering old man, but let's look at the record, folks. The guy was the first guy in and the last guy out of Vietnam, a war that many Americans, including our present President, did not want to dirty their hands with. The reason he had to turn his hearing aid on at that debate is because those fucking animals knocked his eardrums out when he wouldn't spill his guts. He teaches philosophy at Stanford University, he's a brilliant, sensitive, courageous man. And yet he committed the one unpardonable sin in our culture: he was bad on television."

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin