Monday, February 4, 2008

Know your roots

Most Americans think that BMWs are just luxury cruisers built for assholes. And while I agree that the average American BMW driver deserves their own page on Dickopedia I don't agree with the analysis of the cars themselves. BMW builds cars for people that enjoy DRIVING. If you only care about getting from point A to B in comfort then buy a Mercedes. If you want to be giving the car equivalent of a BJ while going down a twisty road...buy a BMW.

So what makes a BMW different? Read this review of the new 125i Convertible. That should give you some insight into how BMW goes about designing and building a car. Also, they've got quite a racing history.


So to see BMW return to its roots of lighter, smaller cars brings a big smile to my face. If BMW sells the new 1 series Tii as an M Model then I'll have my check ready.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin