Thursday, February 28, 2008

The next evolutionary step for mankind

When I was in College my roommates and I answered an ad in the paper for a bar that was for sale. This beast had come from an old Elk's Club, it weighed about 600 pounds and was covered in black pleather. The built-in keg fridge worked but there were some pieces vital pieces missing. However, I had worked for a beer distributor the previous summer and we used those connections (and some clever shopping) to replace the missing standard, tap head, regulator and CO2 tank. Once we had everything working there was beer on tap ALWAYS for at least 2 years. The Bar was pivotal in my life due to its huge contribution to my failing out of school. Why do I say that like it was a good thing? I ended up with a good career and I'm making good money so how much can I bitch, plus those two years were some of the best of my life. To this day if you ask any of the guys involved with "The Bar" they'll get a far away glassy look in their eyes...and maybe a tear.

So why do I mention it? Because this bar makes our old bar look like something from the fucking stone age. I mean holy shit! This is the kind of bar that has the magical powers to remove clothing and cause women to dance upon it. Bravo sirs! BRAVO!!


If we buy a bar....we could live together forever!!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin