Thursday, August 14, 2008

Narrow minded

I thought that, being a college drop-out, I would agree with the content of this article. The author puts forth that the value of a college BA is auspicious at best and that we would be better off having a certification-based system like CPAs. While that move prove that you have "core competency" in your chosen field it ignores the fact that without a college education most people would not be able to write their own name using proper grammar. You may think that Microsoft Office has you covered on spelling and grammar these days but you can still easily sound like a total moron. Seriously, our system of public education is hopelessly inadequate in preparing people for the workplace. In the past I have dealt with people that were good at their jobs but they could barely speak three sentences without sounding like they just stepped out of a trailer park. I know what you're thinking, giving the state of this blog I'm in no position to criticize anyone's grammar. Fuck you, I do these posts in five minutes and they're not being graded or read by the people that give me a paycheck.

And don't get me started on how little people know about computers, these days if you need anything for a job it is a SERIOUS understanding of computers. If you want to work in a building with carpets and windows then you need to know that Dell is not a version of Windows.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin