Monday, May 12, 2008

Bombs away!

Looks like the new Speed Racer movie didn't do so hot this weekend, grossing less than HALF of Iron Man's take in its second weekend of release. Guess I was the only one that thought it looked interesting...of course I didn't go see it either, lol. Gonna be hard to pay for the $100 million budget with a >$20 million open.

No surprise, a mostly ho-hum cast in an adaption of a cartoon that most people considered to be pretty bizarre. Sprinkle a little of that Wachowski "magic" and you've got a recipe for disaster. Fine by me, I've never forgiven those two douchebags for soiling a fantastic movie like The Matrix with those less than spectacular sequels. But I have read some good reviews of the movie so maybe they just gambled on a really bad time for the opening...on the tales of Iron Man's huge success.

Interestingly, Iron Man recouped its entire budget of nearly $200 million in its opening weekend. That means that every penny it makes after May 5th is pure profit. That is the gravy train with biscuit wheels my friend. Piracy is ruining the industry, my ass!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin