Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No rental cars go to heaven.

Jalopnik has a list today, the Seven Cars That Killed Pontiac. When I think of Pontiac I don't think of GTOs and Trans Ams I think of plastic....acres of endless, cheap plastic on the inside and outside. Can you believe that they actually built the Grand Am for 20 years? I still see them on the road every day, a giant rolling testemant to lackluster design and half hearted engineering.

I remember driving a mid 90's Grand Prix once and I was astonished by the sheer number of buttons coating the interior. They were everywhere....even blanketing the entire steering wheel. It was like someone ate a bean and button burrito and then coated the interior in a diarrhea shower of shitty buttons.

Some one I work with still drives an Aztek every day. Every time I see it in the parking lot I involuntarily shiver....it's like walking in on your parents having sex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Touche to all the sentimentalism going on everywhere over Pontiac. I think the posters are right, GM screwed up Pontiac.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if people who have owned late model pontiac's have a higher incidence of cancer? You know from all the plasticizers leaching out of all that extra plastic molding.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin