Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Look! It's new!

Most people don't realize what a huge piece of shit iTunes is, at least the Windows version. I can't stand the way iTunes looks, the layout sucks and it runs slower than a one legged dog. This is what Apple does with a captive audience, just like a crack dealer they hook you with seemingly good shit then you end up blowing someone just for your next album download.

Anyway, I finally got around to playing with Songbird. WOW! My dreams of a third party music player/library that can sync with my iPhone and doesn't run like shit has finally come true. Good bye Mr. iTunes. Songbird doesn't seem to choke on my 20,000 track library like iTunes does and it runs on Linux for TRUE multiplatform compatibility. No, you can't purchase music through Songbird like you can with the iTunes store so its not perfect (for those of you that buy your music via iTunes at least.)

So that brings me to my real point. Last.FM has been around forever and I used it briefly a long time ago but abandoned it because of it's near marriage with iTunes. Well thanks to Songbird I'm back to Scrobbling and you can see what I'm listening to in the Last.FM window on the right side of the page.

If you've never used Last.FM you should give it a try.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin