Monday, January 19, 2009

I call bullshit

I'm still spitting mad about ABC canceling Pushing Daisies. As if killing the show off wasn't bad enough they have also announced that the final few (five I think) episodes will not be televised. In other words you're either going to have to pay to download them or buy the DVD/Blu-Ray when it hits shelves.

Also, one of the ABC trained monkeys has said that the reason the show was canceled was because it was popular with "non-traditional" viewers. What that means is that people that watch TV shows via their computer or on their iPod don't count the same because the industry still relies on the laughable Nielsen ratings system to gauge a show's popularity. Considering how much easier, not to mention cheaper, it is to track the number of times a show is downloaded I find this excuse to be laughable at best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe they are trained Gibbons not monkeys...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin