Friday, November 7, 2008

Sixty Percent?

Where do numbers come from?

I spend far too much time on the Internet but in my digital travels I've noticed that religion is widely made fun of or looked down on by the general population of Internet users. Here's an article about Digg.com and it's "anti-religion" crowd. That article claims that 60% of Americans attend Church...does that seem high to you? That would effectively mean that 6 out of every 10 people that I know attend some kind of Church....seriously? I'm sorry but that's either no where near accurate or I just hang out with a particularly godless crowd.

The problem is that when asked (polled) most people lie about going to Church because they feel guilty that they don't actually go. Then there are the "fair weather" worshippers that only go for Easter or Christmas....who are you fooling?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin