Monday, December 3, 2007

Product Plug

I've been looking at new cars, again. Anyone that knows me is that this is a biannual event and I really should work for a used car dealership. Anyway, I'm in love with the new BMW 335 Coupe. My knees get weak and my eyes cross when I get within 20 feet one. Last weekend I was at the dealership stroking one when I noticed the unusualness of its windscreen wipers. I know what you're thinking, what the hell could possibly be interesting about wipers? Take a look at this web page, Bosch ICON. See? They're all weird and flat, they can't possibly work.

Of course being German and associated with BMW they are also the most expensive wiper blades around. Your average PAIR of Anco wiper blades cost as much as ONE of the ICON blades, about $20. I stood staring at the display at my local Rice Boys. Forty dollars for wiper blades, is this what my life as come to, wiper envy? So after at least five seconds on consideration I snatched up the appropriate sizes and ran to the checkout. It was raining buckets so it was to be a baptism by fire.

Let me just say, these are worth every single penny of the $40 price tag. They are absolutely silent, they make no noise at all no matter how fast they are running. I have NEVER had a pair of wipers that make no noise at all while operating. No squeaking sounds, no slapping sounds and no dragging. Also, they leave no streaks or gaps anywhere along their entire length. They maintain 100% contact through their entire arc no matter what speed. I was on the highway in driving rain going about 85mph and they were absolutely glued to the windscreen. If these things work this well when it starts snowing then I'm going to marry them.

I give them 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin