Friday, September 17, 2010

Guilty Conscience.

I fondly remember the day Bill Clinton was elected President. I was an 18 year old college freshman that was convinced that I'd be retired on some beach by age 30. I was raised in a relatively Conservative environment and Ronald Reagan was my prevailing ideal of what a President should look and act like. Needless to say I was convinced that Bill Clinton's Presidency was the beginning of the Apocalypse.

Fast forward 18 years. First off, holy shit I'm old. Second, given what Bush did with his two terms as President....I FUCKING MISS BILL CLINTON. I admit it I voted for Bush and defended him for years even though in the back of my mind I thought he was an idiot. Why? I got to watch us invade two fucking countries on live TV....that was pretty crazy. But once the full horror of what Bush's policies had wrought came to light I completely disavowed him and turned my back on the Republican Party.

Sure, Clinton did some stupid things and he was not above controversy . But when he is on is game he really is a brilliant guy.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Exclusive - Bill Clinton Extended Interview Pt. 1
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin