Friday, June 19, 2009

Suck it Haters!

I'm not proud of the fact that I've been sucked into the Apple marketing machine but I still love my iPhone like it's a member of my family. Now that OS3.0 has been released it's even better. Even though the changes appear minor the nagging issues that were eliminated have improved the experience a great deal.

I work in a corporate environment where I have to support lots of Blackberries and let me tell you something....they suck balls. You have to pay a damn fortune to run BES (the backend software that lets your BB talk to your email server) and your stuck with that horrible interface. Once you've used an iPhone, or a Palm Pre for that matter, going back to using a Blackberry is like using a stone tablet and chisel. The iPhone also works seemlessly with OWA/OMA which is included with Microsoft's Exchange server. That means you're not paying a fortune for BES (yes, I am aware that I am oversimplifing that but it is accurate) just to get your Exchange email. Couple that with a $99 iPhone 3G and I think you'll start seeing much more businesses using iPhones instead of BBs.



Given that, I will NOT be lining up and shelling out a fortune (deez nuts, AT&T) to buy a "new" iPhone 3GS. Sorry Apple but you have seriously failed to impress with this round of hardware "advances". In my personal experience when Apple pulls up short on a product it means that the next product is the one that you will REALLY want to have.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin